Just because we're licked a hundered years before we start is no reason not to try - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what is your theory on life?

User Thread
 39yrs • F •
*skunky_kronic* is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what do you believe? do you think god exsists or evolution what is your theory on life? tell all

"Nothing changes just rearanges"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its evolution, blatantly. Unless God happens to put fossils and evidence for evolution and genetics just to confuse us.

Which is nonesense.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 33yrs • M •
Jev985 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
At the time im exetremely confused. Im confused because i dont understand why people still believe that there is some super natural thing creating us all. Its confusing because they believe and model they"re lives around some books and scriptures that say a bunch things to explain things and when you look at it, none of is solid or based on reality

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe its because they are nitwits.

But I'm pretty arrogant so don't take my word for it.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 33yrs • M •
Jev985 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Humans are too lazy to think. They always look for the easy way out

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everything builds up to be a definite. All of the knowledge you obtain. Developed into conclusions made by yourself. They develop into a basis for you to work from. And move forward on. This is why some people see things as either difficult. Or easy. Because for people that claim it is difficult. Its because they're still learning how to reach an understanding or basis. People who see it as easy or simple, have already reached a basis for understanding. And have learned how to get there. And can now work from their basis.

Now this information here, is just a basis. For me to work from. There is so much intricacy. But it can all be by-passed once you reach a basis. Like a math equation. Certain formulas have been proven to work. And since they work. We can now skip all of the math that leads up to that final equation. And just use the equation. Its Evolution.

Of course equations have been worked over and again. And some have been found to be mistaken, given new knowledge. But with evolution 'clearly' being our basis. With it being uncontrollable and having been doing it since the beginning of time. We have something solid to work with. An equation that doesn't need to be reworked.

Take anything. Music for example. Newer bands were influenced by older bands. And those older bands were influenced by even older...and so on. Its trial and error. You find what works. And you use it. And by doing so. You save yourself and others from a lot of trouble.

Work on intricacies. AFTER..you find a basis. Because then you always have something to return to.

As of now. It would appear. That maybe the meaning of life. Was search for truth. For basis. Evolve. How far will you get? Because after all. That is what we're doing. We're evolving. Uncontrollably. So maybe that is our basis. And therefore, Our purpose.( purpose being reason to go on) And meaning. And we can work from it. But where to go after finding the meaning of life?

We evolve. Whether we know it or not. This is not the problem. Whether we understand it or not, is the problem. Our frustrations with the world, with ourselves. Are simply because we don't understand. Because we're working on the intricacy's. Those who expect the most, those in search for the meaning of life, or a greater good. Are going to have more intricacy's to face. And To work with.
We carry out what it is we were meant to do. Whether we realize it or not. Whether we understand or not. Its all about understanding. You must learn to understand. And you will. For it is evolutions job.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 36yrs • M •
The world isn't full of enough mediums of expression. There's nothing I could do that will portray how I feel and what I see justly. There's a world so rich inside of me. Rich isn't even a good enough word to describe. The truth in the world doesn't bring our dreams and our minds into color. That's what we ache for. Is to define what we have left inside of us. Being realistic only fuels the hurt inside. The definition of ourselves is often mistaken for truth, proven with evidence. Searching for truth will not define. We live in an unfit world that doesn't bring justice to our hopes and dreams. When you search truth, you will find this world to be exactly that. Tangible, easily understood, and not what we want.

It isn't truth you want. We often believe because we live in this world, that it is a part of us. That it is in some way connected to us, similar to our hopes and dreams. That because of this belief, we need to understand. We think that the definition of ourselves can be found in this world. Which is not true. The definition of oneself can be found just there...in oneself.

If you abide by the laws of this world, you will become dry, dull, sick, and empty, just like the world. The world is nothing without us. Without what we give to it. We say what is beautiful. We give meaning to sunsets and rainbows. The world is merely a canvas for us to attempt to bring ourselves meaning and definition. Or, whatever you choose to do.

If a painter looked at a blank canvas, and accepted the way it was, he would not be a painter. Although he had the ability to make change, he would not. He would become the canvas. Empty, like a blank piece of paper. Because of accepting what is, he became what is.

Its our will and our dreams, the undefined inside us which drives us to make change. To make something beautiful to us. To make this blank canvas just a little less deserted. Definition of what we feel can bring into focus something so beautiful, that words cant describe. Just imagine the world inside of your head being summed up into one word, or a short sentence. As if reading that sentence would make you feel your entire world in its infinites. Just how amazing would that be. Of course, maybe we cant define it because if we did, it wouldn't be so great or as infinite. It wouldn't mean as much. It would be miniscule. It would be like 'grass' or 'sky'. It would be summed up in one word, and no longer left open for change or seen as mysterious and beautiful because of it's complexities. No longer left deep in thought, in the recesses of the mind. It would be dry, and no longer infinitely rich. It would be limited to that one word, or that one sentence. Life is an infinite canvas, with infinite paint, and an infinite will to make change.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • F •
TraptInLogicBox is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe that we can't know or assume anything, and i know its quite a boring path, but you really become cautious..question everything.

"I\'m stuck in a logic box and I can\'t get out..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
evolution is real, god is real. organized religion is what prevents people from having faith, true faith. through logic and reasoning answers can be found, but only within yourself. outwardly expressing personal beliefs is damn near pointless, but people have a great desire to share what they know, or rather think they know. if knowledge were an entire universe filled with dust, humans (as a whole) may know one side of one piece of dust.

life is not about knowledge, nor is it about faith. life is about living.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
Chesster is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have been pondering this question for damn near a month now and I have still come up with nothing solid. all I can ever get is vauge ideas and random thoughts that never seem solid enough to hold onto, but I will share what I have come up with so far. I believe that people are life, after all without other people what would you do??? You wouldn't have a home you wouldn't even be able to define yourself or your beliefs as a person because you wouldn't have anyone to convay them to. nor would yout have friends you would only have yourself. and I know that is not enough. Furthermore I believe that all humans are in this thing that we call life TOGETHER, and the only thing that seperates us is our ideas. afterall we are all made up of "starstuff" to quote my professor. and so based on these assumptions I have been trying to figure out a code that I can apply to life. A idea that will help guide me along my path but also incorporate others and help them on their path. The code that I have come up with thus far is to truly treat everyone with a open heart, as if they were your own brother or sister, but in so doing because I would be dealing with humans myself included there are people who would take advantage of such a person. And this is where I find myself at a loss. Shouldn't I give everyone the same treatment at my own expense in hopes that their seeing my behavior might change thier perspective for what I would consider the better? or should I be selective in who I treat with a open heart?

Thats all I have to say for now. I would also like to say that I want people to reply to my post good or bad because if I have no one to challenge or support my ideas they will never change and become stagnant, and I want to figure out if I am on the right path or not.

36yrs • M •
I dont think your on the right path. That theory just flat out sucked. And the one before it, wasnt all that great either.Your simply stating whats in front of you. You didnt take the time to sit back and view the process of how you ended up with the conclusion that the meaning of life is to live it.( it wasnt bad, i think you undermined knowledge a little bit, but its the basic jist.) My understanding theory, which is linked to the infinite theory that's been around for so long. That breaks down how you end up back at square one. I showed everyone what drives us, and why we are. The undefined, the will to change is the driven. The understanding and the peace found within it. The knowledge to take the best route in anything you do in life. I gave step by step observations and examples. This post was nothing but a slow read and a complete waste of my time. Nothing stated here is either new, or enlightening. it sucked.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the reason i came to the vague conclusion that i did is because everything else i come up with can be refuted in some way, through nitpicking or differing opinions. you cant say life isnt about living, because life is living. i believe people make things a lot more complicated than they need to be. its a conclusion that satisfies myself, and as i stated before, outwardly expressing personal beliefs is damn near pointless. that is because somebody will always disagree, somebody such as yourself.

i agree with your theory Chesster, everyone is living together. without that togetherness, exsistence is pretty much pointless.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
Somebody such as myself...

Im not nitpicking. I would love to understand and come to some common ground with you about your theories on life. Otherwise, i wouldnt give two shits about what you thought or said. This is why i state my differed opinion. I dont agree with vague conclusions, because then it becomes pointless to "outwardly express" personal beliefs. Saying what something is, or stating the obvious gets us nowhere. it doesnt give a thorough understanding. Thats what we want. Thats why you guys have these "theories". Its your perspective of how it is, or might be. If you didnt care about it and accepted it as it was, you wouldnt bother with theories. Dont be vague, especially when outwardly expressing your personal beliefs. I apologize for my curiosity. And my nitpicking was nothing more than constructive. Im sure you read my understanding theory. People feel more comfortable with something they understand. Analysis is the only way to thoroughly understand something. I just wanted to know how you reached the conclusion. If it was broken down, and not some copped-out conclusion with no evidential backing or reason...than it isnt much of a conclusion. Everything is simple if you dont take the initiative to break it down, and see it for what it really is.

I apologize once again for being a...dick.
im really not such a bad guy

33yrs • M •
here is my theory on life. Everthing has to have a begining, nothing is always there. That means what ever created us was created in the past. That chain keeps going and going as far back as u r willing to look, but since nothing is always there what created the first thing that created that chain. I believe that there is no answer to that question (who put us here and why). You can say god created us but what created him

36yrs • M •

You are wise beyond your years Jev. A previous post of yours, you stated: "Humans are too lazy to think. They always look for the easy way out"

Which is clearly shown in some of these theories that are posted...

Regardless, forgive my criticism and harsh opinion, but I believe your capable of more than your last theory...the god one.

The question of who created god is an old one, and thats considering there even is a god.

[  Edited by ekimup at   ]
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy